Thursday, August 09, 2012

The Scent of Cherry Blossoms -Two Stars

The Scent of Chery Blossoms

by Cindy Woodsmall   **


 Plain Truth Review

 This book in set in Amish / Mennonite community. I am not one for love stories, but I don't mind it sometimes, however, this book was a drag. It took everything in me not to toss it aside. The characters were not well developed and the story line was cliche.

The book is about forbidden love. A Mennonite girl (Annie)and her Amish childhood and family friend (Aden) fall in love even though they know intermarriage between the two sects is forbidden. Not only is it forbidden, Aden's family stand to lose their business if he and Annie don't stay away from each other. There are many obstacles to their relationship one of them being Aden's wheel chair bound twin brother Roman who is determined to stop the relationship for his own selfish motives.

I couldn't wait to get through the book, it was very boring. I have not read anything by this author, so I am not familiar with her other works, but this, in my opinion did not make the grade. I have read a lot of Amish stories, but this will be my first "Amish Romance" and it was not a pleasant read, I am very doubtful I will read any other "Amish Romance" again. It was that bad.

I received a kindle version of this book for free from Waterbrook Multnoma Publishing Group for this review. 



 Reading Level: 16 and up.



No comments: